Sunday, June 16, 2013

I am human

Well folks, this will be my last week living at home. Holy cabooses I 'm growing up. I think subconsciously it's impacting me a lot more than I am consciously aware of right now. I was sick all day yesterday after my first day of work at the Cannon center and I never get sick. Never. I tend to be my worst enemy when it comes to doing something new in the sense that I view myself a lot worse off than I actually am. People can tell me all day how great I am but if I don't see it in myself first, I will never believe them. In the end I realize yet once again that it doesn't matter how other people view you, it's how you view yourself. One of my all time favorite Marianne Williamson quotes says: "Our self perception determines our behavior. If we think we're small, limited, inadequate creatures, then we tend to behave that way, and the energy we radiate reflects those thoughts no matter what we do. If we think we're magnificent creatures with an infinite abundance of love and power to give, then we tend to behave that way. Once again, the energy around us reflects our state of awareness." I believe in this concept wholeheartedly and I absolutely love it. I can definitely tell a difference with my interactions with others when I think I am an amazing, daughter of God versus when I think that I am inadequate or not good enough. Isn't it interesting how our interactions with others reflects how we treat ourselves?

I think my biggest concern right now is getting everything done by this Friday. Yep, this Friday is when I move out. I still need to buy my books for my classes, get a laptop and figure out what clothes and books I want to bring. There isn't a whole lot of book space on my desk so I will definitely have to condense it down to my top favorites (A Return to Love, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Love is Letting go of Fear, The Glass Castle, The Great Gatsby, The Book Thief, The Help and The Grapes of Wrath). There is a certain degree of comfort and security I feel when I am surrounded by good literature.

Well, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment